Historic Charlotte Amalie Walking Tour
Explore a 300 year-old town with an insanely knowledgeable guide.
You’ll learn about the many cultures, the people, the plants, the food and architecture of this lovely Caribbean island.
Every tour is unique as your guide winds you through the streets, alleyways and secret gardens of Charlotte Amalie.
Your tour may include visits to famous locations such as:
Blackbeard’s Castle (spoiler alert – not really Blackbeard’s or a Castle, but still awesome)
One of the oldest Jewish Synagogues in the Western Hemisphere
The Estate of General Santa Anna
A former Slave Quarters
Churches dating back hundreds of years
- 2-3 hour guided walking tour
- An engaging guide that will pretty much know everything about everything Caribbean
- Bottle of water at the end of the tour
- Depending on the season, you might get to sample island fruits hanging from trees (mangos and tamarinds are our favorites)
- A little exercise (the step streets work those glutes)
*due to the current state of the world only fist bumps are permitted
Where to Meet:
In front of Fort Christian (it’s a huge red fort that looks like it was built in the 1600s). If you’re driving, you’ll park in the Fort Christian Parking lot. (They charge $1/hr.) If you’re coming via taxi, tell them to drop you “in front of Fort Christian”.
What to Bring:
- A Covid mask
- An umbrella if you like (it occasionally rains here in the islands but seldom for more than 10 minutes at a time)
- A bottle of water (we provide one at the end of your tour but you might want one for during your walk)
mask wearing indoors and where social distancing is not an option
Get 30% Off Your First Trip
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.